One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shallow artificial pool for children to paddle in; a paddling pool.
- ‘Get rid of standing water in bird baths, ponds, flowerpots, wading pools, old tires, and other places where mosquitoes might breed.’
- ‘It's about cherishing the memory of wading pools in the backyard.’
- ‘The kids paddled in the wading pool and drove plastic cars around the yard.’
- ‘The police accused Wilson of deliberately leaving her baby in the wading pool.’
- ‘The Point State Park master plan includes a restored fountain with a wading pool for children.’
- ‘In the Duck Pond game, twelve, large plastic ducks float around in the baby wading pool.’
- ‘When the class was done I went down to the wading pool where the kids end their session.’
- ‘Be especially watchful of young children around lily ponds, wading pools, large puddles, buckets and large containers of any sort.’
- ‘She collapsed into bed and then the kids demanded that their new wading pool be blown up for them.’
- ‘The only other thing you'll need is a wading pool or a sprinkler for little ones who want to cool down.’
- ‘Fill a wading pool with a few inches of cool water to give pets a pleasant place to ‘chill out.’’
- ‘What the hotel billed as an outdoor pool was nothing more than a small wading pool, so we did not spend too much time there.’
- ‘I know that he's lived with the settling belief that I'm about as deep as a wading pool.’
- ‘One of our favorite spots is Lodi Lake, which has a well-run public beach, lifeguards, and a wading pool for kids.’
- ‘The wading pool has been shut but the swimming complex remains open.’
- ‘Eight inflatable plastic wading pools were placed in a field, filled to a depth of 25 cm with pond water, and left uncovered.’
- ‘They then helped sweep the floor, feed the fish, give the dogs treats, and even water the garden with leftover puddles from the backyard wading pool.’
- ‘He walked into the pool area, it was very elegant, there was a large hot tub, an elegant wading pool and an athletic pool for swimming laps.’
- ‘For one garden, she created a stylized, contemporary aqueduct in which water slips over stone ledges into a wading pool.’
- ‘There was also a wading pool to see who could make the biggest splash, and trying to catch a fish in a net proved to be challenging.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.