One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Aboriginal English) a white person.‘he played the white man's game with more skill than most of the wadgulas’
- ‘That wadgula is the worst of a bad lot.’
- ‘She was attacked by two wadgula boys out at the beach.’
- ‘He can make you laugh with the stories he will tell about the wadgulas who try to put him down.’
- ‘He has painted so many beautiful pictures for the wadgula people.’
- ‘I leave my sisters with their pale-eyed wadgula men.’
1920s: an alteration of ‘white fellow’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.