One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bullet designed to cut a neat hole in a paper range target.
- ‘Most autoloader cartridges have a rounded bullet to lead them into the chamber, but the blunt end of the wadcutter places great demand on the alignment of the cartridge within the magazine.’
- ‘The lumbering wadcutter bullet seemed to take forever to get out of the barrel and you really had to hold hard to get good scores.’
- ‘You can still buy factory loaded .38 Special wadcutters from the major makers, but it's a tiny trickle compared to ten years ago.’
- ‘While almost everyone thinks of the wadcutter as making nice, clean, easy-to-score, holes in targets, there's more.’
- ‘The ammo was Crosman Copperhead 4.5mm wadcutters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.