Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for W particle
- ‘US particle physicists had never felt any real competition until the W boson was discovered at CERN in 1983.’
- ‘And on page 29 Peter Renton explains how the latest results on the W boson from CERN and FermiLab in the US are pushing the Standard Model to the limit.’
- ‘It was 20 years ago this month that particle physicists caught their first glimpse of the W boson.’
- ‘The W boson is the key to our understanding of the weak force, which in turn can tell us how stars, radioactivity and other nuclear processes work.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.