One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unlike English, it wouldn't be a savings even in the long run, because once you gain experience in Hebrew, vowelless text is simpler and easier.’
- ‘Instead of entering ligatures as such their components (except the ‘full’ consonants) are typed as vowelless or half consonants.’
- ‘It is the property of any vowelless consonant to get help from the consonant next to it as if that is a vowel and thus creating a conjunct.’
- ‘As far as I can see, it's strangely similar to the process that is used to engineer artificial languages out of vowelless alphabets.’
- ‘Frank Longo's vowelless puzzle in the Sun last October didn't take me nearly as long - I'm going to chalk that up to sleepiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.