One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unlike English, it wouldn't be a savings even in the long run, because once you gain experience in Hebrew, vowelless text is simpler and easier.’
- ‘Frank Longo's vowelless puzzle in the Sun last October didn't take me nearly as long - I'm going to chalk that up to sleepiness.’
- ‘As far as I can see, it's strangely similar to the process that is used to engineer artificial languages out of vowelless alphabets.’
- ‘It is the property of any vowelless consonant to get help from the consonant next to it as if that is a vowel and thus creating a conjunct.’
- ‘Instead of entering ligatures as such their components (except the ‘full’ consonants) are typed as vowelless or half consonants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.