One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of paper used to register a person's vote; a ballot paper.
- ‘It will result in more voting papers being in error and, as a consequence, being discarded.’
- ‘The election will be carried out by postal ballot with the first voting papers delivered to houses on 7 October.’
- ‘Voters will have to put a cross against their chosen candidate, seal the voting paper, then sign the declaration of identity.’
- ‘Circulars and voting papers are being sent out this week and 75% of votes must be in favour for the deal to go ahead.’
- ‘This is well ahead of the June 22 deadline for return of voting papers in the ballot forced by Woollard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.