One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially in the US) a machine for the automatic registering of votes.
- ‘One entire forum was devoted to the topic of potential for vote fraud through electronic voting machines.’
- ‘All he saw were votes transmitted by the voting machines.’
- ‘Mechanical voting machines were used until 1974, and then gradually electronic versions began to replace them.’
- ‘However, he thinks that electronic voting machines are far harder to tamper with than the paper ballots they replace.’
- ‘There are also concerns that hackers could break into those voting machines and vote more than once.’
- ‘The voter sees the ballot paper on the voting machine screen, sees preference details, and upon casting their vote, sees that their vote has been stored.’
- ‘In California you don't have to vote using an electronic voting machine.’
- ‘In Ireland, cartridges from voting machines in polling stations will be brought to the count centre before being read.’
- ‘Voters are using electronic voting machines in all four states holding Democratic primaries today.’
- ‘Protesters rallied in Washington pushing for a backup paper ballot system for electronic voting machines.’
- ‘In Maryland, voters go to court to block the use of electronic voting machines.’
- ‘Millions of Americans will vote in the November elections with e-voting machines.’
- ‘For the first time, all Georgia voters are using touch-screen electronic voting machines.’
- ‘Mr Cullen said a publicity campaign will be run in the four new constituencies before the referendum vote to inform voters on the operation of the voting machine.’
- ‘When they eventually reach the voting center, they are checked in and directed to one of the four voting machines to cast their votes.’
- ‘Bombay has six constituencies equipped with electronic voting machines with anti-rigging safeguards.’
- ‘She's the founder and driving force behind Black Box Voting, the woman who brought the electronic voting machine issue to the country.’
- ‘Punch card voting machines failed to register a vote for president on an additional 5,000 ballots.’
- ‘California's election officials have approved the use of electronic voting machines in 11 of the state's counties.’
- ‘Problems with voting machines delayed election results and caused immeasurable heartache.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.