One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The vortical flow patterns summarized here are important for stability development, especially control for pitching, in boxfishes.’
- ‘Predictions of the effects of both observed vortical flow patterns and pressure distributions on the carapace were consistent with actual forces and moments measured using the force balance.’
- ‘This concept is not so simple to apply, because the average flow is affected by the unsteady vortical patterns through the Reynolds stresses.’
- ‘Detailed flow visualization in flapping foils provides a more complex picture: The vortical patterns close partially on themselves to form apparent ring loops, but the vorticity of each loop connects all the way back to the foil.’
- ‘Although differences in carapace morphology were apparent, vortical flow patterns around the four boxfishes were fairly consistent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.