Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Be sick; vomit.‘I'm eating crackers and drinking ginger ale and trying not to vom’
be sick, spew, spew up, fetch upView synonyms
- ‘Will I vom when I touch the gizzard?’
- ‘There were oysters too, but they would have made me vom.’
- ‘He was so calm when Rebecca vommed on him, I was tempted to have a go myself to see what happened.’
- ‘I had to lie down after I'd vommed.’
- ‘The second is to the tune of "Simply the Best," but goes, "You're simply the bomb / all the others make me want to vom."’
- ‘"Her tobacco breath made Madge want to vom".’
- ‘They had that tone about them that made me concerned he was gonna vom down my neck.’
- ‘Yeah, he went to her housewarming and vommed in the bathtub.’
- ‘Let me through before I vom.’
- ‘Anyway, we weren't there for long and I vommed.’
- ‘We ordered shots, received shots; ladies and gents, we shot. And then she vommed all over me.’
- ‘Got back to Southwell and vommed in the bathroom nice!’
- ‘Bluntly said, I vommed dramatically upon all that is good and upright in this city.’
- ‘Like, if eating real chicken makes you wanna vom, why would you wanna eat pretend chicken made of something you would actually eat?’
[mass noun] Vomit.‘I missed the toilet and spewed vom all over her brand-new carpet’
- ‘It's like when I thought I liked feta, but then I ate this feta that was in the fridge for like two months and it tasted like vom and now I'm very cautious.’
- ‘At least the vom is not happening in 8 directions for me yet.’
- ‘With a second wave of vom welling up inside him, Benny made one final dash for the door.’
- ‘I tossed my head back and thought, "ok, I will just have to come across as a relaxed earth mother - covered in food and vom but with a big ol' smile that makes up for it all".’
- ‘But every morning en route to the train station there is, without fail, at least one pool of crusty vom on the footpath.’
- ‘So picture a tall amazon in heels and a pool of floral vom, and you've pretty much got the picture.’
- ‘Then the vom started.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.