One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, this study shows that the concrete manifestations of solidarity such as neighborliness, co-operative labor, support in times of crisis, attendance of significant community events, are not so voluntaristic.’
- ‘By the nineteenth century, there were a number of associational outlets that might foster a voluntaristic political spirit among women.’
- ‘A decent society is a voluntaristic one; my country has been the greatest exemplar of such decency; and I'd just as soon have the part of that country where I live lead the way.’
- ‘We will work toward a purely voluntaristic society, while recognizing that no one knows, or can know, whether a complete absence of state-sponsored coercion is possible.’
- ‘Beginning in the 1780s and up through the nineteenth century, some Catholic laity were attracted to the voluntaristic idea of church membership and church government that they saw in the Protestant denominations around them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.