One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of one's own free will.‘he voluntarily attended a police station’
of one's own free will, of one's own accord, of one's own volition, of one's own choice, of one's own choosing, by choice, by preferenceView synonyms
- ‘One of the options is the wider use of toughened plastic glasses, which are already used by some pubs voluntarily.’
- ‘He is perceived as a weak leader who, if he will not go voluntarily, must be forced from office.’
- ‘We voluntarily made copies of the original letters freely available to the press.’
- ‘He stayed away for 169 days, eventually returning voluntarily to give himself up.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the parent who voluntarily ran the scheme moved away and nobody has yet been found to take over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.