One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of one's own free will.‘he voluntarily attended a police station’
of one's own free will, of one's own accord, of one's own volition, of one's own choice, of one's own choosing, by choice, by preferenceView synonyms
- ‘We voluntarily made copies of the original letters freely available to the press.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the parent who voluntarily ran the scheme moved away and nobody has yet been found to take over.’
- ‘One of the options is the wider use of toughened plastic glasses, which are already used by some pubs voluntarily.’
- ‘He stayed away for 169 days, eventually returning voluntarily to give himself up.’
- ‘He is perceived as a weak leader who, if he will not go voluntarily, must be forced from office.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.