Of one's own free will.‘he voluntarily attended a police station’
- ‘Unfortunately, the parent who voluntarily ran the scheme moved away and nobody has yet been found to take over.’
- ‘He is perceived as a weak leader who, if he will not go voluntarily, must be forced from office.’
- ‘He stayed away for 169 days, eventually returning voluntarily to give himself up.’
- ‘We voluntarily made copies of the original letters freely available to the press.’
- ‘One of the options is the wider use of toughened plastic glasses, which are already used by some pubs voluntarily.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.