One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mafic gneisses, amphibolitcs, ultramafic rocks and paragneisses are most abundant in northwestern parts of the complex, but quartzites, marbles and other supracrustal rocks represent a volumetrically insignificant component.’
- ‘Much smaller zeolite crystals, but volumetrically much larger and more concentrated, are those that form from the weathering and alteration of volcanic ash deposits in alkaline surface waters.’
- ‘Although throughfall is volumetrically greater than stemflow in most forests, stemflow is more enriched chemically.’
- ‘The present invention volumetrically removes the tissue at the point of incision, dissection, or transection in a cool ablation process that minimizes thermal damage to surrounding, non-target tissue.’
- ‘Crinoids dominated volumetrically, but other common elements include sponges, brachiopods, bryozoans, gastropods (especially platyceratids), and corals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.