One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of talking fluently, readily, or incessantly; talkativeness.‘her legendary volubility deserted her’
talkativeness, loquaciousness, loquacity, garrulousness, garrulity, verboseness, long-windedness, wordiness, chattiness, effusiveness, profuseness, communicativeness, expansiveness, openness, lack of reserveView synonyms
- ‘He spoke at such length and with such volubility that you were inclined to believe that he was telling the truth.’
- ‘He recalls how impressed he was as a child by the volubility and animation of his uncles' marathon conversations.’
- ‘Most of the senior figures in government viewed him with affectionate amusement, and occasionally mild annoyance because of his volubility.’
- ‘Earlier this month, however, her legendary volubility deserted her.’
- ‘She is voluble but it is a volubility weighted with good thoughts on every subject.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.