One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of talking fluently, readily, or incessantly; talkativeness.‘her legendary volubility deserted her’
talkativeness, loquaciousness, loquacity, garrulousness, garrulity, verboseness, long-windedness, wordiness, chattiness, effusiveness, profuseness, communicativeness, expansiveness, openness, lack of reserveView synonyms
- ‘She is voluble but it is a volubility weighted with good thoughts on every subject.’
- ‘He spoke at such length and with such volubility that you were inclined to believe that he was telling the truth.’
- ‘He recalls how impressed he was as a child by the volubility and animation of his uncles' marathon conversations.’
- ‘Earlier this month, however, her legendary volubility deserted her.’
- ‘Most of the senior figures in government viewed him with affectionate amusement, and occasionally mild annoyance because of his volubility.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.