One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electromotive force or potential difference expressed in volts.‘the ratio of two voltages’mass noun ‘the distortion is proportional to voltage’
- ‘These devices need two external ceramic capacitors to produce stable, efficient positive voltages.’
- ‘In this case, the power supply needs to supply a range of voltages at very low current, and often uses doubling and trebling techniques.’
- ‘Then measure the voltage and current by attaching your volt meter to the two pieces of metal.’
- ‘The plasma screen consists of tiny gas plasma cells that are charged at exact electrical voltages to make a picture.’
- ‘Each can be configured from any of nine output modules, spanning voltages from 1.45 to 59V.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.