One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He's a phenomenal volleyer, and he likes to rush to the net, but he can be so unpredictable.’
- ‘She is the last of what is now a dying breed, female serve and volleyers, which always puts her a step ahead of her younger rivals at Wimbledon.’
- ‘He has a good serve and is an accomplished volleyer, but he is very strong from the baseline, too.’
- ‘I think there are fewer and fewer serve and volleyers around now so sooner or later you are going to see a baseliner win Wimbledon.’
- ‘He may be one of the best volleyers in the game, but that involves him getting to the net.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.