One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He's a phenomenal volleyer, and he likes to rush to the net, but he can be so unpredictable.’
- ‘He has a good serve and is an accomplished volleyer, but he is very strong from the baseline, too.’
- ‘He may be one of the best volleyers in the game, but that involves him getting to the net.’
- ‘I think there are fewer and fewer serve and volleyers around now so sooner or later you are going to see a baseliner win Wimbledon.’
- ‘She is the last of what is now a dying breed, female serve and volleyers, which always puts her a step ahead of her younger rivals at Wimbledon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.