One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a clastic rock which contains volcanic material.‘volcaniclastic sediments’
- ‘The sediments are partly clastic and partly volcaniclastic because volcanism is active along such margins.’
- ‘Tuff dykes of unusual size invade coarser-grained volcaniclastic rocks of the Jurassic Mawson Formation at Coombs Hills and Allan Hills, Antarctica.’
- ‘Late Devonian to Carboniferous rocks consist of interbedded mudrocks, sandstones and volcaniclastic strata, whereas the Permian rocks are crystalline limestone with subordinate clastic and volcaniclastic sediments.’
- ‘Well-rounded clasts include lava, volcaniclastic sandstones and bioclastic limestones with nummulites, bryozoa, microbial carbonate and bivalve material.’
- ‘Ladinian strata of the Balaton Highland (west-central Hungary) comprise interbedded marine carbonate and volcaniclastic rocks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.