One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a clastic rock which contains volcanic material.‘volcaniclastic sediments’
- ‘Ladinian strata of the Balaton Highland (west-central Hungary) comprise interbedded marine carbonate and volcaniclastic rocks.’
- ‘The sediments are partly clastic and partly volcaniclastic because volcanism is active along such margins.’
- ‘Late Devonian to Carboniferous rocks consist of interbedded mudrocks, sandstones and volcaniclastic strata, whereas the Permian rocks are crystalline limestone with subordinate clastic and volcaniclastic sediments.’
- ‘Tuff dykes of unusual size invade coarser-grained volcaniclastic rocks of the Jurassic Mawson Formation at Coombs Hills and Allan Hills, Antarctica.’
- ‘Well-rounded clasts include lava, volcaniclastic sandstones and bioclastic limestones with nummulites, bryozoa, microbial carbonate and bivalve material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.