Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The ground floor of a block of flats, which is left vacant and typically used for communal activities.
- ‘There's a Chinese funeral at the void deck of my apartment block.’
- ‘I lived in a HDB flat in Jurong, and there was a mama shop at the void deck.’
- ‘Then I saw a schoolboy at a void deck doing exactly the same thing on his way home from school.’
- ‘They held hands as they lingered at the void deck below her flat.’
- ‘When I just walked out of my void deck to the bus stop, it didn't rain.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.