One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ground floor of a block of flats, which is left vacant and typically used for communal activities.
- ‘When I just walked out of my void deck to the bus stop, it didn't rain.’
- ‘There's a Chinese funeral at the void deck of my apartment block.’
- ‘They held hands as they lingered at the void deck below her flat.’
- ‘I lived in a HDB flat in Jurong, and there was a mama shop at the void deck.’
- ‘Then I saw a schoolboy at a void deck doing exactly the same thing on his way home from school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.