One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Computer analysis of the human voice, especially for the purposes of interpreting words and phrases or identifying an individual voice.
- ‘It doesn't work with my voice recognition software, and it requires a level of co-ordination that many older or disabled people just won't have.’
- ‘It also features facial and voice recognition software.’
- ‘This system will support voice recognition, hand writing recognition, and other things that will make it more usable for the consumer.’
- ‘I still remember my first encounter voice recognition software.’
- ‘It provides voice recognition and text-to-speech functions that the project organisers say will provide a more natural way of interacting with the network.’
- ‘She is following a similar course with plans to implement voice recognition as a way to allow callers to cut through levels of phone-tree choices.’
- ‘Potentially interesting sessions on voice recognition, sound design, and sound mixing are on the schedule.’
- ‘I refer to basic things like artificial intelligence and reliable voice recognition.’
- ‘She investigated the possibilities of voice recognition software and electronic note automation.’
- ‘I have been denied access to voice recognition software and hardware from the university where I am a student.’
- ‘High-quality voice recognition could begin to close the gap, but that is still years away.’
- ‘Like most other software, however, voice recognition improves given faster processors and more memory.’
- ‘Mobile phone input devices to date include the keypad, touch screen and voice recognition.’
- ‘Most voice recognition software requires a period of training so it becomes tuned to an individual user.’
- ‘The anti-fraud strategy, to be unveiled later this week, will see voice recognition software deployed to detect when callers are lying to government agencies.’
- ‘They might also use a computer system, which has a scanner, screen reader, and voice recognition or speech-to-text software.’
- ‘After getting used to using the microphone and voice recognition software, it's possible to program custom commands.’
- ‘A more recent development in the speech technology industry is voice recognition.’
- ‘Many users already have the computing power to run voice recognition programs, so the decision becomes which software to purchase.’
- ‘One way to improve the accuracy of voice recognition is to restrict the vocabulary of the system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.