Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Computer analysis of the human voice, especially for the purposes of interpreting words and phrases or identifying an individual voice.
- ‘They might also use a computer system, which has a scanner, screen reader, and voice recognition or speech-to-text software.’
- ‘Many users already have the computing power to run voice recognition programs, so the decision becomes which software to purchase.’
- ‘She is following a similar course with plans to implement voice recognition as a way to allow callers to cut through levels of phone-tree choices.’
- ‘I have been denied access to voice recognition software and hardware from the university where I am a student.’
- ‘It doesn't work with my voice recognition software, and it requires a level of co-ordination that many older or disabled people just won't have.’
- ‘She investigated the possibilities of voice recognition software and electronic note automation.’
- ‘The anti-fraud strategy, to be unveiled later this week, will see voice recognition software deployed to detect when callers are lying to government agencies.’
- ‘Like most other software, however, voice recognition improves given faster processors and more memory.’
- ‘I still remember my first encounter voice recognition software.’
- ‘I refer to basic things like artificial intelligence and reliable voice recognition.’
- ‘After getting used to using the microphone and voice recognition software, it's possible to program custom commands.’
- ‘This system will support voice recognition, hand writing recognition, and other things that will make it more usable for the consumer.’
- ‘High-quality voice recognition could begin to close the gap, but that is still years away.’
- ‘It also features facial and voice recognition software.’
- ‘Mobile phone input devices to date include the keypad, touch screen and voice recognition.’
- ‘It provides voice recognition and text-to-speech functions that the project organisers say will provide a more natural way of interacting with the network.’
- ‘Most voice recognition software requires a period of training so it becomes tuned to an individual user.’
- ‘One way to improve the accuracy of voice recognition is to restrict the vocabulary of the system.’
- ‘A more recent development in the speech technology industry is voice recognition.’
- ‘Potentially interesting sessions on voice recognition, sound design, and sound mixing are on the schedule.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.