Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A channel with a bandwidth sufficiently great to accommodate speech.
- ‘Each frequency can handle eight channels either eight separate voice channels or slots, or combine them for greater data speeds.’
- ‘The sensor consists of a silicon photodiode, with a pre-amp that gives enough signal for the voice channel of a small radio transmitter.’
- ‘It uses the 2.4 GHz spectrum to communicate a 1-megabit connection between two devices for both a voice channel and data channel.’
- ‘The radios automatically switch the callers to a working voice channel once a call is answered.’
- ‘Even though data usually move in brief bursts, current technology requires that an entire voice channel be devoted full-time to each data call.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.