Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘the short vodcast will take viewers through the five easy steps to completing your tax return online’another term for videocast
- ‘Regular vodcasts and video features will be available to complement the extensive news and live coverage on site.’
- ‘What I look forward to is students creating more and better multimedia content to contribute to the community through their own blogs, podcasts, and vodcasts.’
- ‘The family of products are multiplatform and allow you to watch movies, listen to music, download podcasts, vodcasts and so on all over the house.’
- ‘Not that they would do anything as square as a spreadsheet or write a letter when they could make a 15-minute video and upload it as a vodcast.’
- ‘He's going to do Vodcasts on his blog.’
Early 21st century: blend of video and podcast.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.