Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A blog in which the postings are primarily in video form.‘you can add travel vlogs to the growing list of travel-related material popping up on the Web’
diary, day-by-day account, daily record, log, logbook, weblog, blog, moblog, yearbookView synonyms
- ‘He edits the footage on his computer, then posts it on his vlog.’
- ‘To get a sense of last year's trip, visit Casey's vlog.’
- ‘The next sections are arranged thematically, looking at different ways to address the anatomy of a vlog.’
- ‘Suggestions on how to make a vlog ranged from rudimentary to sophisticated.’
- ‘The overall tone of the vlog was lighthearted with a soundtrack that enhanced this atmosphere.’
- ‘Of the 11 videos I found defining a vlog, about half referred to style.’
- ‘The variety in the selected vlogs reflects the human experience.’
- ‘The negotiation of identity can take shape in many forms such as a diary or vlog.’
- ‘The last two sections focus on three controversies around the reality or authenticity of vlogs.’
- ‘During this time the first five videos posted on the vlog's index page were examined.’
- ‘Video blogs, or vlogs, could help counterbalance talk radio.’
- ‘The vlog's subtitle, "Where the journey is the destination", further supports this interpretation.’
- ‘I also created a little movie about this my second vlog entry!’
- ‘Plus, Garfield said, vlogs offer something reality shows can't.’
- ‘With audiences typically in the dozens or hundreds, the vlogs aren't yet threatening ratings at the BBC.’
- ‘He negotiates his old and new identities on his vlog.’
- ‘Another way that vloggers utilize their sites is to indulge in a natural narcissistic tendency by centering their vlogs on themselves.’
- ‘Hamilton's vlog offers a behind-the-scenes look at the everyday life of a teenager.’
- ‘So Dave from PR's got a vlog, then.’
- ‘And his personality is perfect for stardom in the new, yet ever-changing world of vlogs, Kahn said.’
Early 21st century: blend of video and blog.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.