One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Whether females will reproduce oviparously or viviparously can be determined by the colour of the eggs in the uterus.’
- ‘During the summer months, pea aphids reproduce parthenogenetically and viviparously.’
- ‘After mating, the female viviparously produce microfilariae which move throughout the circulatory system and are taken up by the mosquito host.’
- ‘After several months of gestation the young are produced viviparously and the female carries them around on her back for a week or so, beyond their first instar stage.’
- ‘Tiger Sharks reproduce viviparously, which means that like mammals, the give birth to live young that have been nourished by a placenta.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.