One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially in a woman) the quality of being attractively lively and animated.‘he was struck by her vivacity, humour and charm’
liveliness, animation, effervescence, ebullience, sparkle, scintillation, spirit, spiritedness, high-spiritedness, high spirits, sprightliness, jauntiness, light-heartedness, gaiety, merriment, jollity, happiness, cheerfulness, perkiness, breeziness, brightness, enthusiasm, irrepressibility, vibrancy, vividness, vitality, life, verve, zeal, gusto, relish, zest, energy, dynamism, spark, fire, fieriness, vigour, vim, brio, dashView synonyms
- ‘His eyes were a deep chocolate brown and sparkled to with vivacity and arrogance.’
- ‘The large number of votes that the dolphin received shows that we as humans appreciate grace, beauty and vivacity.’
- ‘More verve and vivacity, but this time with a Victorian backdrop.’
- ‘If they were going to fail, they were going to fail on his terms: spectacularly, brilliantly, with flair and vivacity.’
- ‘She lacks the enthusiasm and vivacity I'm so used to seeing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.