One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of substances (the vitamin B complex) which are essential for the working of certain enzymes in the body and, although not chemically related, are generally found together in the same foods. They include thiamine (vitamin B₁), riboflavin (vitamin B₂), pyridoxine (vitamin B₆), and cyanocobalamin (vitamin B₁₂).
- ‘In addition to being a great source of complex carbohydrates, vitamin B6 and potassium, sweet potatoes also contain significant amounts of folate.’
- ‘Other vitamins that are needed to manufacture red blood cells include folate (folic acid) and vitamin B12.’
- ‘Other eye essentials, such as vitamin B1, or thiamin (found in pork, legumes, whole-grain cereals and breads, wheat germ and potatoes), can prevent cataracts by reinforcing the optic nerve and guarding the retina from cell damage.’
- ‘Bison meat contains many vitamins but is highest in vitamin B 12, vitamin B 6, and niacin content.’
- ‘Another cause of this condition is the lack of other nutrients in the body, such as vitamin B12 or folic acid.’
- ‘Anemia can be caused by vitamin or mineral deficiencies, particularly of iron, vitamin B12, and folic acid.’
- ‘Vegetarians need to get enough protein, iron and vitamin B12, nutrients usually found in meat.’
- ‘Low levels of vitamin B6, folic acid, and vitamin B12 are quite common in the elderly population and may contribute to osteoporosis.’
- ‘Since vitamin B6 helps in creating enzymes needed by the brain, some experts predict that large doses might foster stronger brain activity in people with autism.’
- ‘Liver, low-fat yogurt and dry cereal enriched with riboflavin, or vitamin B2, are good dietary sources to choose from to prevent this condition.’
- ‘Avocados are high in fiber, and provide substantial amounts of folate (folic acid), vitamin B6, and pantothenic acid.’
- ‘Vitamin C, vitamin B complex and lysine may speed healing when taken orally at the onset of lesions.’
- ‘The researchers are looking at nutrients such as vitamin B12, amino acids and the popular pregnancy supplement, folic acid.’
- ‘A decreased production of red cells is usually from a lack of iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid in the diet, which are essential for the production of these cells in the bone marrow.’
- ‘One good source of several of these nutrients is brown rice which contains thiamin, vitamin B6, and niacin.’
- ‘Dietary reference intakes for thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, biotin, and choline.’
- ‘To produce red blood cells, the body needs iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid.’
- ‘Some are also fortified with riboflavin and vitamin B - 12.’
- ‘Also, fresh grapes provide potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and thiamin.’
- ‘He then injected the rats with vitamin B1, B6, B12 and a combination of the three.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.