Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for retinol
- ‘That's twice the iron and fiber and four times the vitamin A and calcium you'd get from romaine.’
- ‘Try foods that contain vitamin A and beta carotene, such as carrots, yams and cantaloupe.’
- ‘The primary nutrients in salad greens are folate, vitamin A and C, and potassium.’
- ‘A cup provides a quarter of your daily requirement of vitamin C, plus vitamin A and potassium.’
- ‘There are more than enough wild or underutilized highly nutritious plants that provide vitamin A and other nutrients.’
- ‘However, the important point is the final content of vitamin A in irradiated animals.’
- ‘Look for a multivitamin that uses beta carotene for most or all of its vitamin A content.’
- ‘Retinol is a vitamin A derivative and is the first antioxidant to be widely used in OTC wrinkle creams.’
- ‘Adding vitamin A to foods is one way around the problem, although few fortified foods have been tested in randomised trials.’
- ‘Vitamin C, vitamin A, carotene, and animal tissue all facilitate the absorption of iron from food.’
- ‘The most important nutrients in all green vegetables are vitamin C, vitamin A, folate and potassium.’
- ‘Laboratory tests only showed low carotene and vitamin A, indicating malabsorption.’
- ‘He and his party spent an Arctic winter in hope of rescue but they all died and the cause of death was thought to be the vitamin A in the animals' livers.’
- ‘It is also a good source of iron, vitamin A and some B vitamins.’
- ‘The vitamin A in protein sources is real vitamin A, no processing required.’
- ‘For instance, vitamin A and folate are concentrated in liver.’
- ‘While vitamin A is crucial for normal fetal growth and development, too much of it may cause birth defects.’
- ‘Some nutrients, like vitamin A, can build up to toxic levels in your body and can cause birth defects.’
- ‘The fact that it is one of the most nutritious of vegetables, containing large amounts of vitamin A, folic acid and calcium, is an added extra.’
- ‘Beta carotene is converted to vitamin A in the intestine and then absorbed by the body.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.