One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘At the same time, this purely materialistic explanation elucidates many of the phenomena which the vitalists had claimed could not be explained chemically or physically.’
- ‘However, as with all such models, danger lurks in vitalist assumptions that lead in turn to technological and social determinism.’
- ‘The author sees homeopathic medicine as a prime area of vitalist principles.’
- ‘Contrary to what your consult implies in his response, I am not a vitalist, a reductionist, or a physicalist.’
- ‘According to vitalists, life, which in the material world is manifested as a physical process, emerges as a result of an immaterial impulse.’
- ‘This is not surprising, since he was a vitalist - one who adheres to a doctrine that puts life in the forefront and rejects the Cartesian dichotomy between body and mind.’
- ‘However, energy theorists and other vitalists are no closer to uncovering the truth behind our existence than the rest of us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.