One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for displaying input signals as characters on a screen.
workstation, vdu, pc, input device, output deviceView synonyms
- ‘However, in recent years computer scientists have been developing a range of animated agent faces, programs that generate images of human-like faces on the computer's visual display unit.’
- ‘The gunner's station is equipped with gunner's main sight, three periscopes and a visual display unit.’
- ‘On the visual display unit in Defence Control Area, the demon was seen to dive out of the smoke and roll across the ground, sliding slightly to a stop as the second explosion occurred.’
- ‘As each person sat a small visual display unit zoomed out of a small square flap in the table space in front of them.’
- ‘Dull metal machines clicking gently to one another, visual display units sending instant messages across the street, or half across the world, data and word processors recording silently the business of the company.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.