Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The part of the cerebral cortex that receives and processes sensory nerve impulses from the eyes.
- ‘Look at the optic nerve that connects the retina of your eye to the visual cortex of your brain.’
- ‘In the lateral geniculate nucleus, as in the visual cortex, the neurons are arranged in layers.’
- ‘There is a posterior region of the cerebral cortex in monkeys and humans in front of the visual cortex that is critical for sensory-motor integration.’
- ‘The occipital cortex - the visual cortex at the back of the head - gets excitatory input and begins to fire excessively.’
- ‘The researchers monitored 21 nerve cells in the visual cortex of four cats.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.