Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The angle formed at the eye by rays from the extremities of an object viewed.
- ‘The same holds true whether the visual angle formed with it is a sextile or a trine aspect’
- ‘Persons with schizophrenia showed similar filtering ability as typical persons, with distracters at two different visual angles from targets.’
- ‘This produced a letter height of 11 mm, which, at the 3 rn viewing distance used in the study, gave the correct visual angle for a road sign at 43 rn ahead.’
- ‘Presentation of stimuli subtended approximately four degrees of visual angle.’
- ‘However, this conclusion is preliminary, as group differences in filtering and focusing ability may emerge with distracters located at intermediate visual angles from targets.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.