One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A designated time when visitors may come to see a person in a hospital or other institution.
- ‘The visiting hours at the hospital are between 11.30 am and 12.30 pm, also between 4.30 pm and 6.30 pm.’
- ‘The videotape used in this study addressed pain control, patient belongings, visiting hours, hospital discharge criteria, and communication with nurses, which are integral parts of a hospital admission.’
- ‘I would personally feel indignation to have to pay to visit someone in hospital or have to pay when I went for an appointment - especially since the buses stop running before the end of visiting hours.’
- ‘One or other of us has to stay at home during visiting hours just now so a small evening outing is only reasonable as a reward.’
- ‘Staff will also deal with elective and acute admissions as well as with general enquiries such as visiting hours and directions to the hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.