One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A designated time when visitors may come to see a person in a hospital or other institution.
- ‘Staff will also deal with elective and acute admissions as well as with general enquiries such as visiting hours and directions to the hospital.’
- ‘The visiting hours at the hospital are between 11.30 am and 12.30 pm, also between 4.30 pm and 6.30 pm.’
- ‘One or other of us has to stay at home during visiting hours just now so a small evening outing is only reasonable as a reward.’
- ‘The videotape used in this study addressed pain control, patient belongings, visiting hours, hospital discharge criteria, and communication with nurses, which are integral parts of a hospital admission.’
- ‘I would personally feel indignation to have to pay to visit someone in hospital or have to pay when I went for an appointment - especially since the buses stop running before the end of visiting hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.