One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Aetius drew up with his Visigothic allies on his right flank, who, despite the loss of their king, overran the Ostrogoths opposing them and gained control of a strategically placed hill.’
- ‘But all of those Gothic kingdoms eventually succumbed in battle to assorted other peoples, the last to fall being Spain's Visigothic kingdom, conquered by Arabs in A.D.711.’
- ‘The hoard contains Visigothic copies of imperial coins as well as regular issues, the latest dated item is a coin of the Emperor Majorian.’
- ‘But the Crimean Goths were not speaking Visigothic, or even a dialect derived from Visigothic.’
- ‘Although the Visigothic transmission of Roman media and vocabulary was important, only scattered architectural fragments survive to record the characteristic preference for flat patterns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.