One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The hoard contains Visigothic copies of imperial coins as well as regular issues, the latest dated item is a coin of the Emperor Majorian.’
- ‘But the Crimean Goths were not speaking Visigothic, or even a dialect derived from Visigothic.’
- ‘But all of those Gothic kingdoms eventually succumbed in battle to assorted other peoples, the last to fall being Spain's Visigothic kingdom, conquered by Arabs in A.D.711.’
- ‘Although the Visigothic transmission of Roman media and vocabulary was important, only scattered architectural fragments survive to record the characteristic preference for flat patterns.’
- ‘Aetius drew up with his Visigothic allies on his right flank, who, despite the loss of their king, overran the Ostrogoths opposing them and gained control of a strategically placed hill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.