The land under the authority of a particular viscount.
- ‘The remainder was shared out among the viscounties of Limoges, Comborn, Turenne and Ventadour.’
- ‘My duty is to the people of my viscounty, to guide them in peace and defend them in war.’
- ‘However, much of the western lands of the viscounty were occupied.’
- ‘And one year later Ramon Berenguer strengthened his ties to Guillem Ramon by confirming his guardianship of the heir to the viscounty of Bas.’
- ‘In the Middle Ages, Saint-Cirq Lapopie was the main town of one of the four viscounties that made up Quercy.’