One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The land under the authority of a particular viscount.
- ‘The remainder was shared out among the viscounties of Limoges, Comborn, Turenne and Ventadour.’
- ‘However, much of the western lands of the viscounty were occupied.’
- ‘My duty is to the people of my viscounty, to guide them in peace and defend them in war.’
- ‘And one year later Ramon Berenguer strengthened his ties to Guillem Ramon by confirming his guardianship of the heir to the viscounty of Bas.’
- ‘In the Middle Ages, Saint-Cirq Lapopie was the main town of one of the four viscounties that made up Quercy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.