Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for viscometer
- ‘Although a variety of viscosimeters have been developed to measure viscosity, most of them operate with the same principles, that is, Poiseuille's Law.’
- ‘Several types of viscosimeters are in use today.’
- ‘To pump the liquid in the capillary a membran air pump controlled with valves is connected to the viscosimeter.’
- ‘A method for measuring viscosity and a viscosimeter are disclosed.’
- ‘The rotational viscosimeters comprise a motor which rotates a measuring head intended to be introduced in a given fashion into the liquid whose viscosity is to be determined.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.