One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The property of a substance of exhibiting both elastic and viscous behaviour, the application of stress causing temporary deformation if the stress is quickly removed but permanent deformation if it is maintained.
- ‘However, little is known about how these attributes vary with temperature, pressure and shear rate because these measurements are difficult to make for commercial lubricants that have weak viscoelasticity.’
- ‘To reveal the origins of this mechanical response, we use a variety of pharmacological and immunological disruption techniques to alter the cytoplasmic structure, and measure the resultant change in viscoelasticity.’
- ‘We measure no contribution from the cytokeratin network to viscoelasticity.’
- ‘In comparison with rheological and theoretical studies on viscoelasticity of actin gels, the properties of orientational ordering of actin have been less studied, both theoretically and experimentally.’
- ‘Indeed, several contributions have investigated the potential of phase imaging to detect variations in material properties such as adhesion, elasticity, and viscoelasticity, or to image samples with large vertical dimensions.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.