[mass noun] Great skill in music or another artistic pursuit:‘a performance of considerable virtuosity’
skill, skilfulness, mastery, expertise, expertness, prowess, proficiency, ability, aptitude, adroitness, dexterity, deftness, excellence, brilliance, talent, genius, artistry, technique, art, creativity, flair, finish, polish, panache, finesse, wizardry, calibre, quality, professionalismcraftsmanship, handiness, workmanship, musicianshipéclatknow-howView synonyms
- ‘The virtuosity of the three artists on their instruments created a universe of sound that captivated the audience.’
- ‘Today, though, that allegorical meaning is lost on us, and what we see rather is a dazzling display of artistic virtuosity.’
- ‘I like smart writers who have tons of skill, imagination, and formal virtuosity.’
- ‘For him economic pragmatism, not artistic virtuosity, was the key to racial uplift.’
- ‘This sixteen member string orchestra plays with silky elegance and brilliant virtuosity.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.