One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The computer-generated simulation of a three-dimensional image or environment that can be interacted with in a seemingly real or physical way by a person using special electronic equipment, such as a helmet with a screen inside or gloves fitted with sensors.
- ‘Virtual environments, often synonymous with virtual reality, have also been used in clinical practice.’
- ‘We will restrict our discussion of virtual reality to the meaning it has in relation to the Internet.’
- ‘After all, virtual reality is a lot cheaper than the real thing.’
- ‘The virtual reality image of the Saadhu appeared in the middle of the room.’
- ‘I'm a purebred academic myself, with a research focus in networked virtual reality.’
- ‘Just had my first glimpse of the BBC's new virtual reality weather graphics.’
- ‘The new system will also feature virtual reality technology and the forecasts will use constantly updated weather data.’
- ‘She notes that virtual reality however tends to be more interactive in that the characters respond to your actions.’
- ‘Equipment designers are also using virtual reality and on-screen testing to create new blueprints.’
- ‘The trail leads back to a conglomerate, which is using virtual reality technology to sinister effect’
- ‘No one's ever tried something like this on their first virtual reality simulation before.’
- ‘You play as a character that has entered a computer system in virtual reality to destroy a virus infecting the main frame.’
- ‘As virtual reality simulators are computer based systems they generate output data, or what is commonly referred to as metrics.’
- ‘The two perspectives appear to have emerged from some virtual reality, not from real, cruel everyday life.’
- ‘This is the most exciting and challenging virtual reality project since Virtual Stonehenge.’
- ‘A malicious virus has infected a virtual reality machine, the titular FireStarter.’
- ‘Some proclaim pages to store eulogies and epitaphs, which I think is taking virtual reality a little far.’
- ‘Their aim is simple: to generate a truly immersive virtual reality environment that has a useful commercial function.’
- ‘What is to become of art in the age of digital technology, electronic sampling and virtual reality?’
- ‘Maybe there'll be some virtual reality, maybe a flight simulator that spins you 360 degrees as you pursue an enemy fighter.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.