One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An optical image formed from the apparent divergence of light rays from a point, as opposed to an image formed from their actual divergence.
- ‘For this purpose, from the simulated nuclear configurations, virtual image data stacks were calculated.’
- ‘Stepping behind the doors of early national parlors, bookstores, optical shops, taverns, theaters, and museum galleries, we find a society captivated by optical instruments, virtual images, and phantasmatic projections.’
- ‘Dark and light colors in terms of brightness are applied to pixels of the second virtual image and the first virtual image.’
- ‘To obtain a range of 12 m, we mounted the 150-mm-diameter target behind the digital binoculars and recorded the target as a virtual image from a domestic wall mirror placed at the far end of the room, which was 6 m deep.’
- ‘In short, any structure showing a suitable grey value contrast within its local spatio-temporal neighbourhood results in an oriented grey value structure in a virtual image stack.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.