One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The medics will include infectious disease specialists, microbiologists, virologists, and nurses who specialise in acute care or communicable disease control.’
- ‘How could a virologist get access to anthrax, a bacterium, particularly the potent Ames strain?’
- ‘Microbiologists and virologists are just as overworked and stressed as the rest of the medical profession.’
- ‘The vaccine would not be effective against a mutated virus as virologists can only start work once the strain has been isolated.’
- ‘The discovery of these pig retroviruses was made in London in 1997 by virologist Dr Robin Weiss.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.