One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The development of male physical characteristics (such as muscle bulk, body hair, and deep voice) in a female or precociously in a boy, typically as a result of excess androgen production.‘excessive growth of body hair is a common symptom of virilization’
- ‘Administration of glucocorticoids inhibits excessive production of androgens, prevents progressive virilization, and stabilizes renin levels.’
- ‘Adverse effects such as virilization are few and can be minimized with reduction of the dosage.’
- ‘Clinical clues to possible hyperandrogenism in women include dysmenorrhea, virilization, and severe acne.’
- ‘When women take exogenous androgens, the same irreversible virilization occurs.’
- ‘Patients are often concerned about the physical manifestations of this disorder, including virilization and acanthosis nigricans, and may be less aware of systemic problems.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.