One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition which results from virilization.
- ‘In adult women, adrenal virilism is caused by adrenal hyperplasia or an adrenal tumor.’
- ‘However, he pointed out that androgen-related baldness was not strictly a male problem, and could also occur in women with high levels of male sex hormones, a condition called adrenal virilism.’
- ‘Taken together, these data demonstrate that the SERM-mediated virilism observed in female rats is likely independent of the mammary gland ER antagonism of SERMs.’
- ‘These typical lesions of the frontal bone with associated obesity and virilism were first described by Morgagni.’
- ‘Adrenal virilism is caused by an androgen-secreting adrenal tumor or by adrenal hyperplasia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.