One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If some parents choose to pretend to their children that they were virginally conceived, that is, of course, their societally complicit prerogative.’
- ‘Their sound is virginally pure yet sexy, girlish and yet offering maternal comfort.’
- ‘I went for a walk around town (finally) wearing the virginally-new rain jacket I'd brought with me.’
- ‘She's not vulgar - it's just that she doesn't do it playfully or girlishly - or virginally.’
- ‘Perseus was not really virginally conceived at all, but was the result of sexual intercourse between the lecherous god Zeus and Danaë. Zeus had previously turned himself into a shower of gold to reach the imprisoned damsel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.