One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Honey taken from a virgin comb, or drained from the comb without heat or pressure.
- ‘If obtained from hives that have never swarmed, it is called virgin honey.’
- ‘The company uses only virgin honey as raw material rather than molasses which is used to produce rums in most other countries.’
- ‘Unfortunately, there are very few areas in the state such as Sirsi, Belgaum and Coorg where pure or virgin honey can be found.’
- ‘He is soon going to produce virgin honey, which is not mechanically processed in any way, and which will be aimed at more discerning and sensitive palates.’
- ‘The so-called virgin honey, often mentioned by ancient writers, is supposed to have been made by young bees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.