Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A honeycomb that has been used only once for honey and never for storing eggs.
- ‘The crushed comb goes to my solar wax melter, and since it is virgin comb the resulting beeswax is exquisite.’
- ‘Our Royal Extract gel decanter is adorned with a gold bee button to denote two of its essential ingredients - virgin comb honey and Royal Jelly.’
- ‘How simple it was in days of yore when a fresh swarm hived at the "lime tree bud bursting" season produced fresh virgin combs and the honey harvested at the Autumn equinox!’
- ‘The beverage of immortality of the ancient Greek Gods, ‘Ambrosia,’ a mixture of virgin comb honey and pollen, was for the human organism a fountain of inexhaustible power.’
- ‘Are those of us using checker-boarding and unlimited brood nest, sacrificing having the truly exquisite honey that can only come from virgin comb?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.