One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A measure of the number of viral particles present in an organism or environment, especially the number of HIV viruses in the bloodstream.
- ‘The outcome measures were CD4 + T cell counts, and viral load of the HIV virus in blood.’
- ‘Such undertreatment is of particular concern in children - the main source for the dissemination of influenza within the community, since they usually have higher viral loads than adults and excrete infectious virus for longer periods.’
- ‘The viral load measure can read as high as a million, depending on the limits of the lab test.’
- ‘The viral load or the amount of nucleic acid present can be tracked over time using a graphical patient report.’
- ‘Instead of showing lower viral loads, the immune systems of introverted subjects replicated the virus between 10 to 100 times as fast as in other patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.