One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Infection is oral, and the virus multiplies in the pharynx and intestine for one to three weeks before it is contained by a local immune response or a viraemic phase occurs.’
- ‘West Nile virus likely will continue to advance throughout the western United States within the next few years and is expected to follow local and regional flyway patterns of viremic birds.’
- ‘Chickens can spread the infection to their eggs but it is rare with velogenic strains because viremic hens usually stop laying.’
- ‘When a mosquito takes a viremic bloodmeal, the virus encounters several barriers to infection.’
- ‘They may have been involved in the virus's introduction into North America, though imported exotic birds, a viraemic human, or inadvertently transported mosquitoes seem more likely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.