One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A colourless liquid ester used in the production of polyvinyl acetate and other commercially important polymers.
- ‘Colorimetric tubes, which were exposed downwind, measured cyanide, vinyl acetate, and acid gases.’
- ‘The water-soluble macromolecular compound preferably includes a copolymer of N-vinyl - 2-pyrrolidone and vinyl acetate as a primary component.’
- ‘Among the other commonly encountered vinyl compounds are vinyl bromide, vinyl ester, vinyl acetate, and vinylbenzene (also called styrene).’
- ‘The plant manufactured ethylene oxide, ethylene glycol, isopropanol, acetaldehyde, vinyl chloride, vinyl acetate, butadiene, and many other compounds and polymers.’
- ‘Acetylene or ethyne is used to also make vinyl chloride and vinyl acetate, both of which are converted to polymers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.