One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The conversion of grape juice or other vegetable extract into wine by fermentation.
- ‘In 1998 he introduced a change in vinification.’
- ‘Producing wine actually involves two separate steps: the growing of the grapes, called viticulture and the making of the wine, called vinification.’
- ‘The wine doesn't need a California name to make it good, though and in the best of hands, it can yield incredibly enjoyable and warming wines, especially in Manduria where laws governing vinification are fierce.’
- ‘His responsibilities at Santa Rita include vinification of different premium wines for export and the development and vinification of new products.’
- ‘Grapes are still harvested from the pasture but not for the purpose of vinification.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.