One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who lives in a village.‘angry villagers have been forced to leave flooded areas’‘Jose married a fellow villager’
- ‘They claim the villagers are being manipulated by these protesters.’
- ‘The suggestion of off-screen, marginal characters implies the marginal place of rural villagers.’
- ‘All the villagers are convinced that the corn is in some way responsible for their illness.’
- ‘Mud bricks will substitute, with the additional benefit that they can be made locally, providing income for villagers.’
- ‘It's a documentary about villagers who have been cheated out of their land by greedy businesses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.