One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who lives in a village.‘angry villagers have been forced to leave flooded areas’‘Jose married a fellow villager’
- ‘All the villagers are convinced that the corn is in some way responsible for their illness.’
- ‘The suggestion of off-screen, marginal characters implies the marginal place of rural villagers.’
- ‘They claim the villagers are being manipulated by these protesters.’
- ‘It's a documentary about villagers who have been cheated out of their land by greedy businesses.’
- ‘Mud bricks will substitute, with the additional benefit that they can be made locally, providing income for villagers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.