One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device on a camera showing the field of view of the lens, used in framing and focusing the picture.
- ‘The first device the company is working on is a viewfinder for digital cameras.’
- ‘Most pocket cameras have a separate viewfinder: what you see is an approximation of what the lens is seeing.’
- ‘This has no noticeable effect on the viewfinder, exposure metering or focusing systems.’
- ‘Learning to see the battlefield through the viewfinder of a camera requires a special skill.’
- ‘It's a basic point and click rangefinder (separate viewfinder lens) camera from Boots.’
- ‘The bright frame and spherical mirror are coated onto the lenses of a reverse-Galilean viewfinder.’
- ‘The majority have a zoom lens, an optical viewfinder and an LCD viewing screen.’
- ‘It is an optical device, somewhat like a viewfinder, which allows me to vary the focal length at will.’
- ‘The screen is not a simple rectangle but rather the homothetic surface of the viewfinder of his camera.’
- ‘The students were allowed to see through the camera viewfinder and one girl wanted to know how 3D films were made.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.