One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A news and information service in which computer data is sent by a telephone link and displayed on a monitor.
- ‘It deals with the initial development of the teletext and viewdata systems, up to about the early 1980's, and explains the reasons why the two systems are so similar, despite their different origins.’
- ‘The package can be used to connect with any viewdata-based service and is ideal for travel agents needing to access travel services via Fastrak or Istel.’
- ‘Private services are usually provided by organisations that wish to make information available to their customers (eg Tour Operators enable Travel Agents to make bookings interactively via viewdata).’
- ‘RWA's ViewData Switch provides full viewdata switching capabilities, based on the entry of a mnemonic code into a menu page.’
- ‘Engineers had worked out that they could piggyback extra data on top of the usual TV signal, and a very basic viewdata service was established on 23 September 1974.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.